Menéndez-Pelayo International University
Santander, June 17-21 2019
- Ramón Aguado (ICMM-CSIC)
- Maria José Calderón (ICMM-CSIC)
- Verónica Fdez. Mármol (ITEFI-CSIC)
- Pol Forn-Díaz (IFAE/BSC)
- Silvano de Francesci (CEA)
- Jonathan Home (ETHZ)
- Leo Kouwenhoven (QuTech & Microsoft Delft)
- Jose Ignacio Latorre (UB)
- Román Orús (DIPC)
- Diego Porras (IFF-CSIC)
- Anna Sanpera (UAB)
- Andreas Wallraff (ETHZ)
This summer school is organized with support from CSIC for the Platform on Quantum Technologies.
Course director: Diego Porras (contact)
Secretary: Ramón Aguado
The summer school is oriented to Master and PhD students and aims to provide a privileged vision of quantum technologies with focus on various platforms of current interest (superconducting circuits, trapped atoms and semiconductors), as well as an overview of quantum computing, simulation and communication. Our lecturers, with a unique combination of complementary backgrounds, will discuss the state-of-the-art in their respective fields as well as an outlook for the near- and long-term future.
Registration is now open
- Go to: <http://www.uimp.es/agenda-link.html?id_actividad=64BM&anyaca=2019-20>
- Click on “Solictud On Line” (link on the right, above the program)
- Follow instructions to create an account in the university registration system
- You will receive and email with a link to keep on with the registration process:
- Firstly, fill up a form with your information and click on “Save data” and then on “Keep on enrolling” .
- In the next screen, please, click on “PULSA AQUI PARA COMENZAR LA AUTOMATRICULA”
- In the next steps you can book accomodation and choose payment by debit card.
- If you have problems with the online registration system you can write an email to the university administration at <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
Registration fee is 135 (115 + 20 admin fee) Euros. On-campus accomodation is available at a rate 30-35 Euro per night (
The University offers a limited number of bursaries to cover registration fees and accommodation for those students without access to other sources of funding. Please, be aware that the deadline for application to a bursary is 27 May 2019.
Information on how to apply to the bursaries is availble (in Spanish) in:
A tutorial on the bursary application process is in:
Any questions on the bursary application can be directly addressed to email@example.com